IT Manager in Digital Learning and Innovations Team
Who is Tabor: We are a Private Higher Education Provider, providing tertiary education with a Christian perspective within a more personal learning community. We are not only passionate about our students’ academic growth but also their personal and spiritual growth.
The College was founded in 1979 and has grown to a dynamic and vibrant education centre located in Adelaide. The Millswood campus is only five minutes south of the city, in a beautiful setting with plenty of free parking and access via public transport.
Tabor is in the midst of an exciting digital transformation. As the IT Administrator, you will leverage your broad ICT experience and tertiary qualifications in Information Technology to manage the mainetance and development of our critical physical and cloud infrastructure, utilising a contemporary best practice framework for risk assessment and mitigation - all with a friendly and professional “service first” approach.
While this role is dynamic and the day-to-day will vary with the project work and ongoing maintenance and development required, at its core, the role involves:
- Maintenance and development of critical cloud and physical network systems and infrastructure, including all network servers, cyber security, business system implementations, wifi, phone systems, multiple system integrations, and the Microsoft 365 enterprise environment.
- The operational effectiveness and efficiency of Tabor’s information technology equipment and systems, providing an advisory service on the application of hardware/software, resulting in the provision of appropriate systems support within Tabor.
- The ongoing support and training of teaching and administrative staff, and students, relating to software enhancement to improve administrative processes and planning, contributing to the achievement of educational and administrative outcomes.
There are flexible working arrangements available with some ability to work from home
We offer ongoing training and professional development opportunities
We also offer a wide range of other employee benefits including the ability to work at a wonderful campus with endless free parking.
We are keen to meet you if you are a person with:
- Commitment to the Christian faith and the ethos of Tabor
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to analyse complex problems, formulate clear and effective solutions, and creatively troubleshoot.
- Demonstrated excellence in interpersonal and written communication, and ability to interact with clients, colleagues, and other key stakeholders in a constructive and productive manner.
- Proven ability to manage and complete complex and diverse tasks under deadline pressures and within prescribed timelines.
- Demonstrated skills in testing, validation, and documentation in a large network environment.
- Ability to maintain and develop an environment in which the need for change is recognised, appropriate changes are identified and implemented effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with regard to client data, users, access and security within Tabor's privacy guidelines and principles.
- Administrative skills and experience.
- A passion for people-helping and community service.
- Self-motivated, highly organised, and energetic.
- Friendly and welcoming disposition and a high level of patience when dealing with people.
- Demonstrated capacity to work cohesively in a team environment as well as working autonomously.
- Ability to deliver training and development to staff in areas of technology and change management.
- Ability to be adaptable and represent Tabor and our community in a professional, ethical and positive manner.
- Current drivers’ licence
Also you would:
- Be self-motivated, highly organised, detail orientated and able to function well under deadline pressures and meet targets
- Have relevant Microsoft Certifications
- Have knowledge of educational uses of information technology
- Have an in-depth understanding of best-practice frameworks for IT services and delivery, project management and asset lifecycle.
- Have lots of energy and a great sense of humour!
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and certifications (e.g. Bachelor of IT/ Network Administration/ Network Engineering, CCNA, MCSE/MCSA)
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a System / Network Administration or related role
- Applicants can access the Job and Person Specification here
- Address the Criteria to demonstrate your capacity to excel in this role.
- Applications will only be shortlisted for interview if they send an application answering the Criteria and include your CV detailing relevant qualifications and experience.
- Email: HRadmin@adelaide.tabor.edu.au.
Applications close Thursday, 8th June 2023 at 5:00pm
The role may be filled earlier than the closing date if the right incumbent is found.
Applications are encouraged from people who share Tabor’s Christian ethos.
Hear more about Tabor through our Students voices