Faculty Administration Manager
Who is Tabor: We are a Private Higher Education Provider, providing tertiary education with a Christian perspective within a more personal learning community. We are not only passionate about our students’ academic growth but also their personal and spiritual growth. Our Faculties include Ministry Practice, Humanities and Social Sciences and Education. At Tabor we focus on the community professions, offering undergraduate and postgraduate degrees and courses that equip teachers, counsellors, youth workers, pastors and ministry workers, musicians and creative writers.
At Tabor we are unashamedly Christian and strive to be personal and user-friendly in our engagement with students and stakeholders. All that we are and do is infused by a Christian ethos that recognises spiritual formation as essential to flourishing in life and work.
Tabor was founded in 1979 and has grown to a dynamic and vibrant tertiary education centre located in Adelaide. The Millswood campus is only five minutes south of the city, in a beautiful setting with plenty of free parking and access via public transport.
The role involves:
- Faculty Administration Manager (FAM) offers a high level of administrative support to the Dean and Deputy Dean of our Humanities and Social Sciences (HSS) Faculty, and to the HSS staff and students.
- The FAM responds to enquiries to the HSS faculty. An enquiry may be a potential student, an existing student, a campus visitor and/or stakeholder, or a member of staff.
- The FAM will have a key role in the coordination and the organisation of HSS Adjunct Lecturers, HSS staff events and travel arrangements and plays a pivotal role in supporting our HSS faculty
- The FAM will assist in the preparation of and administrate the budget process for the HSS Faculty in conjunction with our Finance department
- Creation and continual improvement to the administrative processes of the HSS faculty
- Motivation and direction for the HSS administration team
- Taking a proactive role in student communications, including retention and new enrolments for the HSS faculty
This role will also involve some administration within our Counselling centre and as such would require an ability to hold a high level of maturity and confidentiality, to be able to effectively contribute to the operation of Life Design as a counselling practice. Experience with Square booking and appointments will be highly regarded.
The successful applicant will be expected to be primarily face to face on campus and occasional out of hours work will be required.
We are keen to meet you if you are a person with:
- Passion for the education and training of students in a Christian community
- Natural ability and enthusiasm for building community, identity and belonging
- Ability to identify and respond appropriately to the needs of staff, students, colleagues and other key stakeholders
- Warm personality with excellent effective and engaging interpersonal and written communication skills
- Well organised with the ability to prioritise and manage varied workloads with skills in problem solving, negotiation and decision making
- Capacity to facilitate timely and efficient connections between all enquirers and relevant personnel and/or information sources
- Commitment to manage satisfactory outcomes for all enquirers from beginning to end of the first-stage enquiry process
- Able to work with people of various temperaments, and manage challenges with patience and grace to effect positive outcomes
- Experience in budget management and excellent Office 365 suite skills
Also you would be:
- Self-motivated, highly organised, detail orientated and able to function well under deadline pressures and meet targets
- have the ability to lead a team
- Certificate IV or higher in Business Administration or substantial relevant administration experience.
- School or Tertiary administration experience is desirable, not essential
- Applicants can access the Job and Person Specification here.
- Address the Criteria to demonstrate your capacity to excel in this role.
- Applications will only be shortlisted for interview if they send an application answering the Criteria and include your CV detailing relevant qualifications and experience.
- Email: HRadmin@adelaide.tabor.edu.au.
Applications close Thursday 8th June 2023 at 5:00pm.
(The role may be filled earlier than closing date if the right incumbent is found. A similar role was advertised earlier this year and redacted - previous applicants may apply)
Applications are encouraged from people who share Tabor’s Christian ethos.
Hear more about Tabor through our Students voices